Inspired Thinking Group
Inspired Thinking Group (Team ITG) is a global marketing technology and services provider.
Founded in 2009, Team ITG helps global brands and leading retailers deliver their multichannel marketing more efficiently and effectively. Its proprietary software platform, CanopyCloud, enables Team ITG to automate and consolidate all of its customers’ operations, internal client teams and data with both Team ITG and third-party suppliers. Additionally, the platform acts as a centralised source of customers’ brand assets to ensure brand consistency and compliance.
Headquartered in Birmingham, with over 1,000 employees across offices in Europe and America, Team ITG is transforming the way global brands operate their marketing.
Working alongside the management team, Equistone supported Team ITG with plans to continue enhancing its digital marketing capabilities as well as expanding geographically. The business has achieved both organic and external growth, with the completion of five strategic add-on acquisitions during the holding period:
- Intrepia, acquired in May 2018, added technological enhancements to Team ITG’s software platform.
- Acquired in August 2018, Connect provided additional creative digital marketing capabilities.
- Netherlands-based eVillage, acquired in May 2019, enhanced marketing automation and CRM functionality.
- MAD, a New York martech consulting firm, was acquired in April 2021.
- In June 2021, Team ITG acquired a majority stake in StoryTeq, a Dutch creative and animated automation software business.
Equistone sold its Fund V majority stake in Team ITG and reinvested in a minority position through its dedicated Reinvestment Fund alongside new shareholder, Bridgepoint Europe.
We are proud to have partnered with Simon and the team during this exceptional phase of the company’s development, comprising strong organic and acquisitive growth.