IN tIME Express Logistik
Founded in 1987 as a courier service, IN tIME Express Logistik (IN tIME) specialises in time-critical door-to-door courier and express delivery services.
The business is served by 3,000 vehicles and operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The business successfully handled over 450,000 shipments in 2014.
IN tIME has performed well, with sales increasing from €116m in 2011 to €144m in 2014 and employee numbers growing from 400 to 550. Equistone has worked alongside the management team on a number of key strategic initiatives:
- Supporting the acquisition of LTE Transport, a freight transportation and logistics company, in August 2012.
- Countering a significant market downturn in 2012 with the rapid implementation of cost-cutting measures and supporting the recovery of sales, thus enabling the business to deliver earnings only marginally down from the previous year.
- Determining diversification opportunities including the targeting of SME customers and the development of an internet sales platform.
- Establishing growth in new business segments such as critical pharmaceutical logistics and products for the German army.
- Increasing delivery volumes in Germany and within its existing customer base.
- Hiring a new CFO in 2014.
Equistone sold its Fund III investment in IN tIME Express to Super Group Limited, a publicly traded South African supply chain and fleet management provider.
Equistone provided the impetus for our growth and helped set the course for the future.