Computerlinks is a value-added IT distributor with offices in 27 countries. The company markets software and hardware solutions, focusing mainly on the rapidly growing and highly complex e-security market.
Its customers range from the largest resellers to hundreds of small local IT consultancies. A key value proposition is Computerlinks’ ability to combine and package highly complex products from multiple suppliers into integrated customer-specific solutions. This ability is based on long-standing and hard-to-develop networks of suppliers and customers and deep know-how in selecting, combining, training and troubleshooting for the various technological platforms.
Computerlinks has performed well and achieved strong organic growth with turnover increasing from €469m in 2007 to €943m in 2012. Equistone has worked alongside the management team to develop the business by:
- Successfully delisting the company from the stock exchange.
- Introducing a factoring facility to the business and paying back all interest bearing debt within three years because of the high cash conversion.
- Exploring geographical opportunities, with expansion into seven new countries.
- Introducing highly profitable products such as Training and Services.
- Implementing an extensive compliance system.
Equistone sold its investment in Computerlinks to Arrow Electronics in October 2013.
We are grateful for Equistone´s support in the growth of our business into new services and geographies.